There was a crisis in Itaji-Ekiti in the Oye Council Area of Ekiti State following a fight between some political supporters of the ruling All Progressives Congress(APC) and the opposition Social Democratic Party in the state.
According to reports, the incident, which resulted in the killing of one Tope Ajayi, an APC member, occurred on Saturday as the supporters of the two political parties clashed when they went to the sleepy community for campaigns ahead next Saturday’s governorship poll.
The Nation Newspaper gathered that, apart from the reportedly dead casualty, several others who sustained different degrees of injuries during the fracas are being treated at the Intensive Care Unit of the Ekiti State University Teaching Hospital, Ado Ekiti.
When contacted, the Ekiti State Police Public Relations Officer, Sunday Abutu confirmed incident, said the Command had not been briefed on the number of casualties.
- Buhari’s Aide Under Fire For Advising FCT Minister Wike To Do Something To Some Dark Areas In Abuja
- Do You Wanna Watch Hannah Spoilt Y@nsh Video? Click Here
- CBN Disburses $61.64m To Foreign Airlines Through Various DMBs
- Federal Government Bans 18 Foreign Universities Operating In Nigeria, See Why
- Ban Sport Betting, Other Gambling Platforms Now, It Is Destroying Our Economy – Reno Omokri Urges Tinubu