Samuel Ortom, the Benue State Governor has declared that he stands by Governor Nyesom Wike of Rivers State over the crisis that engulfed the People’s Democratic Party (PDP) in the wake of the presidential primaries of the party.
Governor Ortom disclosed this, on Tuesday, while speaking with newsmen.
It would be recalled that Nigeria’s former Vice President, Atiku Abubakar had emerged as the flag bearer of the party after the primaries which led to disagreements within the party over calls for the removal of the PDP National Chairman, Iyorchia Ayu.
Also, it was reported in some of the dailies yesterday (Tuesday) that Governor Ortom had dumped Wike and may have pitched tents with the Atiku group.
However, Ortom who spoke with newsmen in Makurdi on Tuesday shortly after the Zone ‘B’ (Benue North West senatorial district) caucus meeting of PDP said he stands by Governor Nyesom Wike.
- JUST IN: TCN Shut Down National Grid Over NLC, TUC Strike
- INEC Declares Usman Ododo of the APC Winner of Kogi Governorship Election
- Controversy as Gov Adeleke Appointee Appoints 97 Persons as PA, Special Aides in Osun
- BREAKING: EFCC Secures Arrest Warrant for Alison-Madueke; Begins Extradition Proceedings
- Buhari Brought Nigeria’s Economy Out of Hardship Not Your Husband – Garba Shehu Counters Remi Tinubu