The governorship candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party in Lagos State, Abdul-Azeez Adediran popularly known as Jandor, on Sunday visited Bina Efidi, a female voter who was attacked at her polling unit in Surulere area of the state during Saturday’s presidential and National Assembly election.
Jando disclosed this, on Sunday, in a series of posts shared via his official Twitter handle.
Some suspected political thugs stormed the location and destroyed ballot boxes while voting was ongoing. They also attacked some voters who restricted them, including Efidi who was injured on her face.
The victim, however, earned praises from social media users when she returned to cast her vote after first aid treatment was administered on her.
In the tweet, Jandor shared pictures from his visit and condemned the way thugs are being used in Lagos to manipulate the conduct of electoral process.
He said, “The incidents of violence we saw across Lagos state yesterday has been one of the major reasons we seek and working assiduously towards having a breath of fresh air in Lagos and push for state wide reforms that will eradicate the criminal patronage system that uses our youth as weapons to advance the selfish causes of certain individuals.
“Months after we first raised alarm about election related violence, Mrs. Bina Jennifer Efidi became a victim of the ruling party’s wickedness.
“I visited her today to applaud her bravery and resilience to exercise her franchise in order to unseat the present wickedness called government.”
See Photos from the visit:
- Yorubas Can’t Be Called Rascals, They Understand & Manage Diversity Very Well – Reno Omokri Replies Iwuanyanwu
- Pandora Papers: Law Firm Writes CCB, Demands Prosecution of Peter Obi
- BREAKING: INEC Fixes April 15 for Supplementary Polls in Adamawa, Kebbi
- Gbadebo Is Proud & Self-Centered, He Would Have Set Lagos Backwards By 10yrs If He Had Won – Former LP Chairman
- Tinubu Wants El-Rufai in His Cabinet As His SGF – APC NWC Member Says
For More News, Kindly Join Our WhatsApp Group, Follow us on Instagram and Like our Facebook Page. You Can Also Follow Us On Twitter