Akin Osuntokun, a chieftain of the Labour Party, on Monday, stated that his party’s candidate, Peter Obi won ninety percent of all the polling units at military installations and environs in the country during the presidential election.
The Director-General of Peter Obi’s presidential campaign council argued that, in an environment, where there is presence of many military personnel, the rightful winner of the February, 25 presidential elections can easily be determined.
Osuntokun made this statement while speaking during an interview with AIT News. Osuntokun said elections conducted at locations around military installations and their immediate surroundings were the most free, fair and credible. He said one can arrive at the logical conclusion that Tinubu didn’t win the presidential election because Obi won most of the polling units around military areas.
About 46:20 minutes into a video shared on YouTube, Osuntokun said “Look at what, was your station involved (sic), that in military installations across the country, the Labour Party won in 90 percent of them and of course, if there is any place in Nigeria where it will be difficult for you to rig an election it is the barracks. So that relatively is a reflection of what happened in that election. You can use either deductive or inductive logic to arrive at the fact that Tinubu didn’t win the election”.
- JUST IN: TCN Shut Down National Grid Over NLC, TUC Strike
- INEC Declares Usman Ododo of the APC Winner of Kogi Governorship Election
- Controversy as Gov Adeleke Appointee Appoints 97 Persons as PA, Special Aides in Osun
- BREAKING: EFCC Secures Arrest Warrant for Alison-Madueke; Begins Extradition Proceedings
- Buhari Brought Nigeria’s Economy Out of Hardship Not Your Husband – Garba Shehu Counters Remi Tinubu