Igwe Innocent Obodoakor, the traditional ruler of Agulu, Anaocha local government area of Anambra state, has urged Nigerians to be patient with President Bola Tinubu.
Igwe Obodoakor is the monarch of the presidential candidate of the Labour Party and former governor of Anambra state, Peter Obi.
He spoke while declaring open the celebration of his community’s 2023 new yam festival, adding that the president inherited a messed up economy
He told members of his community and visitors that he believed in the former Lagos state governor to surmount the current challenges facing the country.
The monarch noted that the president assumed office amid already existing economic crisis in the country.
He said all the president needed were prayers and support from all quarters irrespective of political, tribe, ethnic and religious affiliations to change the ugly situation.
The monarch said: “Nigerians should be patient with the President. The President came into power when the country was already in economic mess.
“No doubt about it. So we need to follow him gradually to enable him fix the country properly for the good of all.
The monarch, however, lamented on the recent Ministerial appointments made by the President.
According to him, “it is unfortunate that the recent ministerial appointments did not favour the Igbo as one of the major tribe that have contributed a lot to the development of Nigeria.
“The president should urgently look into it and make amendments by appointing more Igbo into his cabinet, for the sake of peace, unity, fairness and Justice.”
- JUST IN: TCN Shut Down National Grid Over NLC, TUC Strike
- INEC Declares Usman Ododo of the APC Winner of Kogi Governorship Election
- Controversy as Gov Adeleke Appointee Appoints 97 Persons as PA, Special Aides in Osun
- BREAKING: EFCC Secures Arrest Warrant for Alison-Madueke; Begins Extradition Proceedings
- Buhari Brought Nigeria’s Economy Out of Hardship Not Your Husband – Garba Shehu Counters Remi Tinubu