Rallies on major Streets of Uyo, Akwa Ibom State capital by supporters of the Presidential candidate of Labour Party, Mr Peter Obi on Saturday, October 1, turned violent as tribal war ensued between Igbo and Ibibio people.
The supporters of Obi, mostly Igbo youths, took off from the Water fountain, at Nwaniba, Uyo by 11 am and walked round the major Streets of Uyo metropolis before they converged at the Discovery Park, Udoma Avenue about 2 pm.
However, things went awry when tribal war started between Obi’s supporters, who are majorly Igbos, and the owner of the land, generally called the Ibibios.
Shops were feared touched before riot police squad were drafted in to curb the violence.
It should be of note that selling someone’s candidate should be done moderately and not be allowed to plummet into avoidable violence.
See Photos Below:
- JUST IN: TCN Shut Down National Grid Over NLC, TUC Strike
- INEC Declares Usman Ododo of the APC Winner of Kogi Governorship Election
- Controversy as Gov Adeleke Appointee Appoints 97 Persons as PA, Special Aides in Osun
- BREAKING: EFCC Secures Arrest Warrant for Alison-Madueke; Begins Extradition Proceedings
- Buhari Brought Nigeria’s Economy Out of Hardship Not Your Husband – Garba Shehu Counters Remi Tinubu