There was a chaotic situation in the early hours of Saturday (today) as supporters of the All Progressives Congress (APC) and the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) clashed in Oyo State ahead of the governorship and house of assembly elections.
HotNewsInNaija gathered that the clash happened in ward 7 of Ibarapa East East Local Government Area of the state a few hours to commencement of the civic exercise.
It was gathered that trouble started when some suspected supporters of PDP allegedly attacked a bus carrying some people to the election ground.
In a reprisal attack, some supporters of APC were said to have traced the leaders of the attackers to their hideout, where a free-for-all ensued, leaving many people wounded.
One of the wounded persons is reportedly at an undisclosed hospital in the town. The State Police Command is yet to issue an official statement on the incident as of reporting time, HotNewsInNaija understands.
- JUST IN: TCN Shut Down National Grid Over NLC, TUC Strike
- INEC Declares Usman Ododo of the APC Winner of Kogi Governorship Election
- Controversy as Gov Adeleke Appointee Appoints 97 Persons as PA, Special Aides in Osun
- BREAKING: EFCC Secures Arrest Warrant for Alison-Madueke; Begins Extradition Proceedings
- Buhari Brought Nigeria’s Economy Out of Hardship Not Your Husband – Garba Shehu Counters Remi Tinubu