Nigerian Police Force, NPF, has disclosed the reason why popular Ibadan-based broadcaster, Oriyomi Hamzat was arrested.
The security operative revealed that the popular investigative broadcaster was arrested for Cyberbullying after a warrant was secured from the court.
In a statement released on Thursday evening, the Force Public Relations Officer in Abuja, Prince Muyiwa Adejobi, noted that Mr Oriyomi was arrested after he ignored multiple invitations sent to him.
The statement read:
“The popular Ibadan-based broadcaster, Oriyomi Hamzat, was arrested in ibadan today by our Force Intelligence Bureau operatives in connection with a case of Cyber Bullying under investigation.
“Oriyomi’s arrest was sequel to his refusal to honour Police invitation severally, which prompted the police to secure a warrant for his arrest.
The security operative revealed that Mr Oriyomi was arrested due to the petition written against him for violating Cyber Crime Act, 2015 and promised to take action on the matter.
“We are looking into the petition written against him on his violation of the Cyber Crime Act, 2015, and necessary action will be taken to do justice in the matter.”
- BBNaijaS7: My Body Is A Temple, We Only Had Aggressive Kissing Under The Duvet Not S3x – Khalid
- Electricity Workers Call Off Strike, Agree To Restore Power
- Muslim-Muslim Ticket: Shettima Has Built More Churches In Borno State Than Any Other Governor – Fani-Kayode
- Troops Rescue 6 Kidnapped Victims In A Gun Battle With Terrorist In Kaduna
- Details of Tinubu’s Meeting with Obasanjo Emerge