The President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, Major Gen. Muhammadu Buhari (retd), on Monday, congratulated the Chairman of the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA), Brig. Gen. Buba Marwa (retd), on the successful operation of the Agency leading to the smashing of an international drug syndicate & recovery of 1,855kilograms of cocaine.
Recall that the anti-narcotics agency yesterday announced the seizure of 1,855kg of cocaine which is worth 278 million Dollars (193 billion Naira) and regarded as the highest cocaine seizure in the history of Nigeria.
They also made the arrest of drug barons including a foreigner in a major operation lasting two days across different locations in Lagos.
President Buhari, in a telephone call to the NDLEA Chairman from New York where he is attending the 77th session of the United Nations General Assembly (UNGA 77), said that the news of the recovery gladdens his heart.
“You have demonstrated over and again that choosing you to lead this fight against wicked merchants of death whose sole aim is to endanger and truncate the future of our youth is a very good choice. Please keep up the good work,” he said.
- JUST IN: TCN Shut Down National Grid Over NLC, TUC Strike
- INEC Declares Usman Ododo of the APC Winner of Kogi Governorship Election
- Controversy as Gov Adeleke Appointee Appoints 97 Persons as PA, Special Aides in Osun
- BREAKING: EFCC Secures Arrest Warrant for Alison-Madueke; Begins Extradition Proceedings
- Buhari Brought Nigeria’s Economy Out of Hardship Not Your Husband – Garba Shehu Counters Remi Tinubu