The President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, Major Gen. Muhammadu Buhari (retd), on Monday, congratulated the Chairman of the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA), Brig. Gen. Buba Marwa (retd), on the successful operation of the Agency leading to the smashing of an international drug syndicate & recovery of 1,855kilograms of cocaine.
Recall that the anti-narcotics agency yesterday announced the seizure of 1,855kg of cocaine which is worth 278 million Dollars (193 billion Naira) and regarded as the highest cocaine seizure in the history of Nigeria.
They also made the arrest of drug barons including a foreigner in a major operation lasting two days across different locations in Lagos.
President Buhari, in a telephone call to the NDLEA Chairman from New York where he is attending the 77th session of the United Nations General Assembly (UNGA 77), said that the news of the recovery gladdens his heart.
“You have demonstrated over and again that choosing you to lead this fight against wicked merchants of death whose sole aim is to endanger and truncate the future of our youth is a very good choice. Please keep up the good work,” he said.
- Onoh Tackles Uzor-Kalu, Says Senate Presidency Is Not For Person With Tainted Record
- Electronic Aspects of Election Hold No Waters in Evidence – Appeal Court; Peter Obi and LP Should Note This
- BREAKING: Appeal Court Orders Oyetola, APC To Pay Adeleke N500k for Damages
- JUST IN: Appeal Court Sets Aside Tribunal Judgement, Upholds Adeleke As The Winner Of Osun State July 16 Governorship Election
- I Will Govern Abia State Just Like Peter Obi Did In Anambra State – Abia Gov-Elect Otti
For More News, Kindly Join Our WhatsApp Group, Follow us on Instagram and Like our Facebook Page. You Can Also Follow Us On Twitter