The flight cancellation will affect 2,100 travellers, many of whom have already booked match tickets and hotel accommodations, leaving them stranded.
Due to limitations put in place by Qatari authorities, seven flights scheduled to transport Moroccan fans to their historic World Cup semi-final match against France have been cancelled, an announcement from Morocco’s national carrier, Royal Air Maroc, says.
“Following the latest restrictions imposed by the Qatari authorities, Royal Air Maroc regrets to inform customers of the cancellation of their flights operated by Qatar Airways,” the airline said in a statement to the Reuters news agency.
Upon Morocco’s qualification for the semi-final, an additional 30 flights were scheduled by the country’s government to ferry football fans to the event in order to boost team spirit and national solidarity. The plan was, however, dashed when flights scheduled to be handled by Qatar Airways were cancelled due to a new restriction imposed by Qatari authorities.
The flight cancellation will affect 2,100 travellers, many of whom have already booked match tickets and hotel accommodations, leaving them stranded. The airline offered a full apology to the affected fans with a promise to refund their expenses.
- NBC Fines Channels TV N5 Million Over ‘Inciting Interview’ It Granted Datti Baba-Ahmed
- Commotion As Enugu Governor-Elect, Police, Others Flee During INEC Presentation Of Certificates Of Return Over Loud Bang
- When Tinubu First Heard Peter Obi Won In Lagos, He Told Us “It’s Not A Big Deal, Move On”- Oyalowo
- BREAKING: Singer Portable Arrested By Police After 72-Hour Ultimatum
- Dino Melaye Dragged On Social Media After Failing Simple Arithmetic Over Tinubu’s Age
For More News, Kindly Join Our WhatsApp Group, Follow us on Instagram and Like our Facebook Page. You Can Also Follow Us On Twitter