The weakness and imperfection of democracy is that people with the highest acceptance win it all. You need wide popularity to acquire political powers, and nothing could change that unless we jettison democracy.
Democracy is a game of number, not of religion or emotions; You don’t chose your candidate from the minority unless all parties decided to micro zone the position into such section of people. That is when we can start talking about equity.
It is the fault of PDP for allowing Atiku, a northerner, to come out at this time that power should have, by understanding, shifted to the south. His emergence as the PDP candidate altered the calculation. It is now a matter of ‘everything is fair in war and love.’ And that is why APC is left with the inevitable option of a Muslim-Muslim ticket.
~ Fattykolly Ibn Alimi
- JUST IN: TCN Shut Down National Grid Over NLC, TUC Strike
- INEC Declares Usman Ododo of the APC Winner of Kogi Governorship Election
- Controversy as Gov Adeleke Appointee Appoints 97 Persons as PA, Special Aides in Osun
- BREAKING: EFCC Secures Arrest Warrant for Alison-Madueke; Begins Extradition Proceedings
- Buhari Brought Nigeria’s Economy Out of Hardship Not Your Husband – Garba Shehu Counters Remi Tinubu