Russian Billionaire, Roman Abramovich has made an official declaration that he has decided to sell Chelsea Football Club.
The owner of the London based club said he had taken the decision in the best interest of the club.
Recall that Abramovich has been facing criticisms, suggesting to the United Kingdom government to stripe off Chelsea’s ownership from the Russian businessman following his country’s invasion of Ukraine.
Russian operations have wreaked havoc on the infrastructures of the Eastern European country and this has drawn reactions from many other powerful countries who frowned severely against the crisis. They, however, condemned the invasion and called on the Russian President, Vladimir Putin to cease his attack on the country.
The Chelsea Owner in a statement released on the club’s official website has now declared his decision to let go of the club, adding that he believes the development is in the best interest of the club, the fans, the employee as well as the club’s sponsors and partners.
The statement reads:
“I would like to address the speculation in media over the past few days in relation to my ownership of Chelsea FC. “
“As I have stated before, I have always taken decisions with the Club’s best interest at heart.”
“In the current situation, I have therefore decided to sell the Club, as I believe this is the best interest of the Club, the fans, the employees, as well as the club’s sponsors and partners.”
- Ukraine Invasion: Russia Vows to Continue Attacks Until Set Goals are Achieved
- Ukraine Invasion: Indian Student Who Went Out to Get Food Got Killed
- RussiaUkraineWar: Another Russian’s Strike Hits Kyiv TV Tower, Cuts Broadcasts
- Russia/UkraineWar: Google Maps Live Traffic Data Temporarily Disabled In Ukraine
- FG Releases N3.5 Billion for The Evacuation of Nigerians in Ukraine.
- Soludo Lauds Tinubu for Giving South-East Juicy Portfolios
- Celebrating A Rare Gem, Adelani Sunday (Dr)
- Nollywood Actress Moyo Lawal Sex Tape Leaked | Watch
- Wike Writes EFCC & ICPC, Tells Them To Invite Former FCT Minister For Questioning Over Alleged Mismanagement of Govt Fund
- Judges, Politicians Are Escaping From Nigeria Ahead Of Judgement Day – Pat Utomi