Nigeria International and Villreal CF winger, Samuel Chukwueze, has sent his club to the UEFA Champions League semi-final after he scored the 88th-minute equalizer against Bayern Munich.
It was an unexpected victory over the German Bundesliga giant as many football lovers and pundits had earlier picked Bayern Munich as the favourite victor over the Spanish club.
Villareal put up a surprise in the first leg with an amazing performance against almighty Bayern Munich, defeating and dominating in a match that ended 1-0 in favour of the Yello Submarine.
However, the German Bundesliga champions were expected to turn the game on its head and secure their place in the Semi-final but it turn out to be the opposite as the Nigerian winger rescued his team, that was one goal down, in the 88 minutes of the game.
The two sides played out a barren draw in the first half of the game and shortly after the second half was kicked off, the Polish striker, Robert Lewandowski scored for the German Bundesliga giant.
It would later level by Chukwueze who comes off the bench to finish a swift counterattack for Villarreal and eventually sent them to the next round of the European most prestigious football competition.
Watch The Highlight Below:
- Soludo Lauds Tinubu for Giving South-East Juicy Portfolios
- Celebrating A Rare Gem, Adelani Sunday (Dr)
- Nollywood Actress Moyo Lawal Sex Tape Leaked | Watch
- Wike Writes EFCC & ICPC, Tells Them To Invite Former FCT Minister For Questioning Over Alleged Mismanagement of Govt Fund
- Judges, Politicians Are Escaping From Nigeria Ahead Of Judgement Day – Pat Utomi