The organisers of music award show, Headies, have disqualified popular singer, Portable, as a nominee.
In a statement issued on Tuesday, the organisers said, the singer had become a subject of criminal investigation by police over recent misdemeanours.
Part of the statement read, “We regret to announce that following numerous indicting statements made by Mr. Habeeb Okikiola popularly known as “Portable”, and the incessant negative attention that Mr Okikiola has garnered from the Nigeria Police and the general public in recent times, the organisers of the Headies have resolved to disqualify Mr Okikiola as a nominee at the forthcoming 15th Headies Awards.
“Being subject of an investigation relating to criminal activities, Mr Habeeb Okikiola is hereby disqualified from both categories of awards at the forthcoming 15th Annual Headies Awards scheduled to hold later this year.”
Portable was nominated in the Best Street Artiste and Rookie of the Year categories.
- PHOTOS: Obi-Dent Rally Turned Violent In Uyo As Tribal War Ensued Between Igbo And Ibibio People
- PDP Crisis: Governor Ortom Debunks Claims He’s Now With Ayu, Reiterates His Support for Wike
- DJ Cuppy Graduates From Oxford University
- JUST IN: FG Makes U-turn On ASUU Strike, Withdraws Orders Asking Vice-Chancellors To Reopen Universities
- “Buhari Will Teach In Universities” – ASUU Reacts To FG’s Directives To Vice Chancellors To Reopen Varsities