Amid public outrage that has greeted the latest round of gruesome killings in the Southeastern part of the country over the infamous sit-at-home order imposed by the proscribed Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB), a chieftain of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in Ekiti State, Lere Olayinka has come out to share his thoughts on the issue.
Recall that report currently making the rounds in the country’s media space indicates that no fewer than four persons, including Prince Iheme, the elder brother to famous Nollywood actor, Osita Iheme (Pawpaw) were killed when armed assailants went on a rampage in Owerri, the Imo State capital on Friday, December 9, 2022, while enforcing a sit-at-home order imposed on the southeast by IPOB.
Condemning the killings via his verified Facebook page, Olayinka disclosed that he was finding it hard to believe that such heinous crimes were being carried out by Igbos on their own people.
He wrote; “I’m still finding it difficult to believe that those killing people in the Southeast in the name of Sit-At-Home enforcement are Ibo people from the same Southeast. How can you be killing your own people just to enforce sit a home order? Haba!”
- ‘I’m The One Who Wrote A Petition Against Portable’ – Manny Monie
- FG Bans Anti-inauguration Protests Nationwide
- Pastor Eneche And Ibiyeome Are Calling People To Go And Protest, Will They Stand In Front? – Asari Dokubo
- Female Firefighter Cries Out, Begs Male Admirers To Stop Calling Emergency Room To Request For Her Number (Photos)
- It’s Turn Of South-South To Produce Senate President – Afegbua
For More News, Kindly Join Our WhatsApp Group, Follow us on Instagram and Like our Facebook Page. You Can Also Follow Us On Twitter