Maurizo Improta, the Italian police commissioner, has threatened that Napoli striker, Victor Osimhen would be arrested and handcuffed if he goes ahead to join a new club against the wishes of the Parthenopean fans.
Napoli are facing the prospect of losing the 24-year-old before the end of the current transfer window with the striker yet to agree to an extension of his contract, which has two years to go.
Last season, Osimhen’s goals powered Napoli to their first league title in 33 years. A feat which saw him attain a hero status in the city of Naples with fans and teammates keen on him to staying at the club longer than the remaining years on his deal.
Talks over an extension will resume when he returns for preseason this weekend, but one man who is not ready to terms with the fact that the Nigeria international is proving stubborn to sign a new contract in order to pave way for his exit this summer is police commissioner Improta.
“Would I arrest Osimhen?No, for heaven’s sake. But I would put him in handcuffs to keep him at Napoli for life. I would tie him to the opponents goal, so as to always find him in position close to goal,” the Trento police commissioner jokingly said to Courier dello Sport.
- JUST IN: TCN Shut Down National Grid Over NLC, TUC Strike
- INEC Declares Usman Ododo of the APC Winner of Kogi Governorship Election
- Controversy as Gov Adeleke Appointee Appoints 97 Persons as PA, Special Aides in Osun
- BREAKING: EFCC Secures Arrest Warrant for Alison-Madueke; Begins Extradition Proceedings
- Buhari Brought Nigeria’s Economy Out of Hardship Not Your Husband – Garba Shehu Counters Remi Tinubu