Deji Adeyanju, a social commentator and activist, has told the presidential candidate of the Labour Party, Peter Obi, to stop acting like he was running for the President of the Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN).
Adeyanju on Saturday expressed concern that Obi has been moving from one church to another, appealing to only Christian voters.
Recall that Mr Peter Obi, on Friday, visited Dunamis Church, Abuja and he was seen getting a round of applause when he was introduced to the crowd by Paul Enenche, the pastor of the church, in a viral video circulating on the Internet.
Meanwhile, the activist worried that people who should understand politics are behaving like amateurs.
He stated that playing the religious card will divide the nation across religious lines.
Adeyanju also advised that all talks about the All Progressives Congress (APC) Muslim-Muslim ticket should be slowed down.
He said, “Peter Obi is moving up & down churches as if he is running for president of CAN. It is painful when people who should understand politics are acting like amateurs.
“The church must resist the religious card in 2023 because if it goes south, our other brothers will mock her. Take it easy on the religious card.
“If not, the country will become extremely divided along religious lines in the coming months. Slow down with all the talks of same religion ticket. A word is enough for the wise.”
- JUST IN: TCN Shut Down National Grid Over NLC, TUC Strike
- INEC Declares Usman Ododo of the APC Winner of Kogi Governorship Election
- Controversy as Gov Adeleke Appointee Appoints 97 Persons as PA, Special Aides in Osun
- BREAKING: EFCC Secures Arrest Warrant for Alison-Madueke; Begins Extradition Proceedings
- Buhari Brought Nigeria’s Economy Out of Hardship Not Your Husband – Garba Shehu Counters Remi Tinubu