Deji Adeyanju, a social commentator and activist, has told the presidential candidate of the Labour Party, Peter Obi, to stop acting like he was running for the President of the Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN).
Adeyanju on Saturday expressed concern that Obi has been moving from one church to another, appealing to only Christian voters.
Recall that Mr Peter Obi, on Friday, visited Dunamis Church, Abuja and he was seen getting a round of applause when he was introduced to the crowd by Paul Enenche, the pastor of the church, in a viral video circulating on the Internet.
Meanwhile, the activist worried that people who should understand politics are behaving like amateurs.
He stated that playing the religious card will divide the nation across religious lines.
Adeyanju also advised that all talks about the All Progressives Congress (APC) Muslim-Muslim ticket should be slowed down.
He said, “Peter Obi is moving up & down churches as if he is running for president of CAN. It is painful when people who should understand politics are acting like amateurs.
“The church must resist the religious card in 2023 because if it goes south, our other brothers will mock her. Take it easy on the religious card.
“If not, the country will become extremely divided along religious lines in the coming months. Slow down with all the talks of same religion ticket. A word is enough for the wise.”
- Yorubas Can’t Be Called Rascals, They Understand & Manage Diversity Very Well – Reno Omokri Replies Iwuanyanwu
- Pandora Papers: Law Firm Writes CCB, Demands Prosecution of Peter Obi
- BREAKING: INEC Fixes April 15 for Supplementary Polls in Adamawa, Kebbi
- Gbadebo Is Proud & Self-Centered, He Would Have Set Lagos Backwards By 10yrs If He Had Won – Former LP Chairman
- Tinubu Wants El-Rufai in His Cabinet As His SGF – APC NWC Member Says
For More News, Kindly Join Our WhatsApp Group, Follow us on Instagram and Like our Facebook Page. You Can Also Follow Us On Twitter