Nigerian Afrobeats superstar and songwriter, David Adeleke, professionally known as Davido has thrown a shade at Wizkid fans (Wizkid FC) on Twitter after he attained a great feat by featuring in an official 2022 FIFA World Cup soundtrack titled Hayya Hayya (Better Together).
Earlier today, FIFA released the first single of the multi-song world Cup Qatar 2022 Official Soundtrack and announced that the Nigerian Afro hip-hop singer is featured in it alongside, Trinidad Cardona, the American R&B singer and Aisha star.
The outbreak of this news has, since then, set the Internet on fire as the fans of the heavyweight hip-hop singer begin to shade his rivals in the Nigerian music industry, Wizkid and Burna Boy, chiding them that they are the ones that sang Ballon d’Or but it is Davido that is recognized by FIFA.
- Davido Features On The 2022 FIFA World Cup Official Soundtrack, Becomes The First Nigerian Artist To Do So
- MP3 Download: 2022 FIFA World Cup Official Soundtrack Featuring Davido, Trinidad Cardona & Aisha
To add sauce to this, Davido took to his official Twitter handle, @Davido and joined his fans in shading his rivals, saying “support your fave in peace.” He went on to dedicate the feat to his fans and congratulated himself, as well as Africa as a whole. In his tweet:
“Support your fave in peace ! And this goes for my fans too ! Congrats to @FIFAWorldCup congrats to Me and congrats to AFRICA!! 🌍🤞🏾❤️😎
- Buhari’s Aide Under Fire For Advising FCT Minister Wike To Do Something To Some Dark Areas In Abuja
- Do You Wanna Watch Hannah Spoilt Y@nsh Video? Click Here
- CBN Disburses $61.64m To Foreign Airlines Through Various DMBs
- Federal Government Bans 18 Foreign Universities Operating In Nigeria, See Why
- Ban Sport Betting, Other Gambling Platforms Now, It Is Destroying Our Economy – Reno Omokri Urges Tinubu