Former Nigerian Vice President, Atiku Abubakar, has reacted to the lifting of ban Nigerian Government placed on Twitter.
The candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in the 2019 presidential election noted how heavily the ban affected the people of Nigeria, most especially, the youths and small businesses owners, after 222-day of being without the social media platform.
He, however, commend the young people of Nigeria who had battled challenges in marketing their businesses during the ban.
- JUST IN: TCN Shut Down National Grid Over NLC, TUC Strike
- INEC Declares Usman Ododo of the APC Winner of Kogi Governorship Election
- Controversy as Gov Adeleke Appointee Appoints 97 Persons as PA, Special Aides in Osun
- BREAKING: EFCC Secures Arrest Warrant for Alison-Madueke; Begins Extradition Proceedings
- Buhari Brought Nigeria’s Economy Out of Hardship Not Your Husband – Garba Shehu Counters Remi Tinubu
In his tweet:
“The effects of the #TwitterBan, particularly on small businesses, was evident for all to see. I am glad that the ban has finally been lifted, and our young people who are already dealing with the challenging business environment can now have a breath of fresh air to thrive.”
“After 222 days, I am glad that the FG has finally reconsidered and reversed the #TwitterBan. With this reversal, the young people who conduct legitimate business on this platform can once again pursue their various endeavors and exercise their right to freedom of speech.”