Sometimes I just laugh and ignore when I come across something like this. But for those who may be bothered by it, let me just state my own humble opinion about it.
Ayo Adebanjo is the leader of Afenifere. They are a group of Yoruba elders who pursue the parochial Yoruba agenda and has now even joined force with those clamouring for a Yoruba Nation.
Tinubu used to be a member of Afenifere, but when he discovered that they are not ready to mix with the national politics and only want to stick with their parochial Yoruba agenda, he pulled out of it. Tinubu pulled out because he doesn’t want to remain a sectional and regional political leader. He believe in a Nigeria where everyone see themselves as one. And that is his sin.
It is not like Adebanjo and Tinubu had ever jostled for the same position, what came between them is some sort of differences in their political ideologies. And that is no betrayal.
This is even a man who forced, or may I say coerced, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu to build his Ikoyi home. Baba Akande, the pioneer National Chairman of APC, said this, not me. And some people are here shouting betrayal! Perhaps betrayal has another meaning!
- Soludo Lauds Tinubu for Giving South-East Juicy Portfolios
- Celebrating A Rare Gem, Adelani Sunday (Dr)
- Nollywood Actress Moyo Lawal Sex Tape Leaked | Watch
- Wike Writes EFCC & ICPC, Tells Them To Invite Former FCT Minister For Questioning Over Alleged Mismanagement of Govt Fund
- Judges, Politicians Are Escaping From Nigeria Ahead Of Judgement Day – Pat Utomi