The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) has declared a week of fasting and prayer to support its presidential candidate, Atiku Abubakar, in his ongoing case at the Presidential Election Tribunal.
According to reports, the prayers will kick start on Thursday, May 18, and end on Wednesday, May 24, with an open-air Thanksgiving service on May 25.
These spiritual gatherings will be held at the PDP’s national chapel, which is located at the party’s National Secretariat, Wadata Plaza, Wuse Zone 5, Abuja.
The gatherings are scheduled to take place every day at 12 p.m.
HotNewsInNaija recalls that the Presidential Election Petition Court adjourned Atiku’s case until May 18 for further pre-hearing of the petition against the All Progressives Congress (APC) President-elect, Bola Tinubu.
Tinubu’s declaration as president-elect by the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) is being challenged by the PDP and Atiku in the petition CA/PEPC/05/2023.
The petition names the INEC, Tinubu, and the APC as the first to third respondents.
Boni Haruna, Chairman of the PDP Christian Religious Body, Presidential Campaign Council, announced the week-long fast, titling it “At the Supreme Court of Heaven with Chief Justice of Universe.”
Haruna specified that the prayer’s purpose was to “denounce the Independent National Electoral Commission’s president-select and rescue and recover PDP for Nigeria”.
The biblical passages for the event will be taken from Romans 8: 33, Psalms 84: 10-11, and Proverbs 24: 25-26; 9: 7 – 8.
- JUST IN: TCN Shut Down National Grid Over NLC, TUC Strike
- INEC Declares Usman Ododo of the APC Winner of Kogi Governorship Election
- Controversy as Gov Adeleke Appointee Appoints 97 Persons as PA, Special Aides in Osun
- BREAKING: EFCC Secures Arrest Warrant for Alison-Madueke; Begins Extradition Proceedings
- Buhari Brought Nigeria’s Economy Out of Hardship Not Your Husband – Garba Shehu Counters Remi Tinubu