Two residents of Iragbiji, the home town of the Osun State Governor, Gboyega Oyetola, have reportedly been injured, on Wednesday, as a result of a box culvert which caved in at Oke-Osun area of the town.
According to reports, a commercial motorcyclist and his female passenger were negotiating the culvert at the time of its collapse and they were subsequently rescued and rushed to a nearby medical facility for treatment.
The Acting Public Relations Officer of the Osun Command of the Nigerian Security and Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC), Adeleke Kehinde, while confirming the incident, stated that the female passenger sustained severe fracture of the leg while the motorcyclist was also injured.
She also stated that the area around the bridge has been cordoned-off to prevent further accidents.
Meanwhile, the Aragbiji of Iragbiji, Oba Abdulrasheed Ayotunde Olabomi has expressed sadness at the incident.
The Monarch, who urged road users to avoid the road pending the time the culvert will be fixed, also thanked the State government for its earlier promise to fix some of the bad roads in the town in the interest of the people.
- JUST IN: TCN Shut Down National Grid Over NLC, TUC Strike
- INEC Declares Usman Ododo of the APC Winner of Kogi Governorship Election
- Controversy as Gov Adeleke Appointee Appoints 97 Persons as PA, Special Aides in Osun
- BREAKING: EFCC Secures Arrest Warrant for Alison-Madueke; Begins Extradition Proceedings
- Buhari Brought Nigeria’s Economy Out of Hardship Not Your Husband – Garba Shehu Counters Remi Tinubu