Two men have reportedly been crushed to death while fighting on the Oshodi-Oke inward Gbagada Expressway, Lagos State.
The Punch Newspaper gathered that the victim were fighting on the expressway when they were both the hit by an incoming vehicle.
Confirming the incident, the Permanent Secretary, Lagos State Emergency Management Agency, Oluwafemi Oke-Osanyintolu, said the Nigeria Police, Lagos Response Unit paramedics and other agencies were first responders at the scene.
“Upon arrival of LRT at the scene of the incident, it was discovered that two male adult casualties were found on the ground,” he said.
Mr Osanyintolu confirmed that one of the casualties was dead at scene. Speaking further, he added:
“Further information gathered from the Police at the scene revealed that the two male adults were fighting on the expressway and were hit by a vehicle.
“The Agency’s paramedics team gave first aid to the other victim at the scene, who was then transported to Gbagada General Hospital for further treatment.”
Though the cause of the fight was yet to be ascertained, it was confirmed that the other victim died few hours later.
“LRT, LRU paramedics and NPF are the responders at the scene.
“LRT is awaiting the arrival of SEHMU to evacuate the dead victim. Operation ongoing,” Oke-Osanyintolu said.
- Yorubas Can’t Be Called Rascals, They Understand & Manage Diversity Very Well – Reno Omokri Replies Iwuanyanwu
- Pandora Papers: Law Firm Writes CCB, Demands Prosecution of Peter Obi
- BREAKING: INEC Fixes April 15 for Supplementary Polls in Adamawa, Kebbi
- Gbadebo Is Proud & Self-Centered, He Would Have Set Lagos Backwards By 10yrs If He Had Won – Former LP Chairman
- Tinubu Wants El-Rufai in His Cabinet As His SGF – APC NWC Member Says
For More News, Kindly Join Our WhatsApp Group, Follow us on Instagram and Like our Facebook Page. You Can Also Follow Us On Twitter