Manchester United’s new manager, Erik Ten Hag, has made it clear, his plan for 5-time Ballon d’Or winner, Cristiano Ronaldo and team captain, Hary Maguire.
Erik ten Hag faced questions on Cristiano Ronaldo, Harry Maguire and others at his first news conference.
Barely 24 hours after he watched from the stands United brought an end to their worst season in the Premier League era with a 1-0 defeat at Crystal Palace, the Dutchman greeted the media with handshakes and smiles at Old Trafford on Monday morning.
During the interview, Ten Hag was asked if Ronaldo fits into his plan and what he will bring into his project at the Old Trafford.
The Dutchman said the 5-time Ballon d’Or winner will of course fit into his plan and he will score many goals.
Asked if Ronaldo Ten Hag said: “Of course.”
On what Ronaldo will bring, he simply added: “Goals!”
Ten Hag was pressed on whether he was looking for leadership from Ronaldo, he said:
“I talk first with Ronaldo before I talk with you.”
When he was asked if he wants Maguire to be his captain next season, Ten Hag said:
“Next season is a different season, he is a great player. He already achieved a lot and also [made a] contribution to Man Utd. I am looking forward to working with him.”
The Dutchman arrives at Manchester United from Ajax after winning three league titles in four years.
- Soludo Lauds Tinubu for Giving South-East Juicy Portfolios
- Celebrating A Rare Gem, Adelani Sunday (Dr)
- Nollywood Actress Moyo Lawal Sex Tape Leaked | Watch
- Wike Writes EFCC & ICPC, Tells Them To Invite Former FCT Minister For Questioning Over Alleged Mismanagement of Govt Fund
- Judges, Politicians Are Escaping From Nigeria Ahead Of Judgement Day – Pat Utomi