There was a commotion on Sunday night at the presidential debate organised by Arise TV over the absence of Atiku Abubakar, presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).
The Spokesperson of the Atiku Campaign Organization, Senator Dino Melaye, who was present at the presidential town-hall series, had said his principal “is too big to come for debate”. The audience got agitated, asking Governor Ifeanyi Okowa of Delta, Atiku’s running mate who was at the event to represent the former Vice-President, to “step down”.
According to them, only presidential candidates are allowed, as they won’t welcome representatives.
Aside from Atiku, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, the presidential flag-bearer of the All Progressives Congress (APC) was also absent. His running mate, Kashim Shettima was also not present.
Peter Obi, the presidential candidate of the Labour Party, was however present.
- JUST IN: TCN Shut Down National Grid Over NLC, TUC Strike
- INEC Declares Usman Ododo of the APC Winner of Kogi Governorship Election
- Controversy as Gov Adeleke Appointee Appoints 97 Persons as PA, Special Aides in Osun
- BREAKING: EFCC Secures Arrest Warrant for Alison-Madueke; Begins Extradition Proceedings
- Buhari Brought Nigeria’s Economy Out of Hardship Not Your Husband – Garba Shehu Counters Remi Tinubu