Presidential candidate of the Labour Party, LP, Peter Obi, stole the show on Saturday in Awka, the capital of Anambra State.
The former governor attended an event as part of the activities to mark Governor Charles Soludo’s first year in office.
The town hall meeting attended by ex-President Olusegun Obasanjo and other dignitaries was held at the International Convention Center.
Soludo of the All Progressives Grand Alliance, APGA, was making a speech but was interrupted by a loud noise after guests noticed Obi strolling in.
The LP flagbearer walked in amid a standing ovation from the dignitaries present as he made his way to a reserved seat at the front. Obi later got up to greet ex-president Obasanjo after he was informed of the former leader’s presence.
While acknowledging Obi’s presence, Anambra Governor, Soludo said “It’s a very special day in Anambra. Before you walked in, my predecessor in office, and an illustrious son of Anambra in whom we are well pleased, Mr Peter Obi…
“Before you came, I was appreciating Mr President, the father of Nigeria, who laid very clear foundations,” Soludo said.
The governor’s description of the opposition leader led to another round of cheers and ovation from the audience.
Watch VIDEO Here:
- Gov. Soludo Discloses Why He Was Asked To Leave His Seat At President Tinubu’s Inauguration
- Nigerian Man Acquires New N2m Elon Musk’s Robotic Wife (Photos)
- JUST IN: President Tinubu Orders The DSS To Vacate EFCC Lagos Office With Immediate Effect
- JUST IN: Court Sentences Adedoyin to Death By Hanging for OAU Student’s Murder
- WPO Nigeria sets to inaugurate peace advisers, says its needed now that Nigeria tracks on unity
For More News, Kindly Join Our WhatsApp Group, Follow us on Instagram and Like our Facebook Page. You Can Also Follow Us On Twitter