Unknown gunmen have reportedly attacked members of the Labour Party who were holding a meeting in Enugu West Local Government Area (LGA) of the state.
HotNewsInNaija reports that the gunmen, numbering about four, stormed the venue of the meeting at the weekend and accused Labour Party members of bringing “Fulani” into ‘Biafraland’. The scene caused party members to flee.
The incident happened at about 5:30 p.m.
It was not clear, for now, if they were the same gunmen that attacked party members not long ago in the same Enugu.
The police spokesperson in the state, Daniel Ndukwe, did not respond to calls and text message seeking comments from him on the incident.
There are suspicions among Labour Party members, that the attacks might have been sponsored by some Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) members in the state said to be “disturbed” by the growing popularity of the Labour Party and its presidential candidate, Peter Obi, in the state and some parts of Nigeria.
The PDP is the ruling party in Enugu and has been winning all the major elections in the state for several years.
Watch the video here:
- Tinubu Was Defeated By Peter Obi In Abuja Because Rigging Was Difficult – Ireti Kingibe
- VIDEO: Peter Obi Receives Massive Ovation During Soludo’s Anniversary
- Labour Party Governorship Aspirant Is Dead
- Enugu Voters Induced With Jollof Rice, Okpa – Frank Nweke Jnr
- Do You Know The Meaning Of Option A4 Used In 1993 Presidential Election?
For More News, Kindly Join Our WhatsApp Group, Follow us on Instagram and Like our Facebook Page. You Can Also Follow Us On Twitter