Seun Kuti, an Afrobeat star and son of a Nigerian Legendary singer, Fela Anikulapo Kuti, has responded to some Instagram users who accused him of being cold-hearted for sharing an article about hungry children in Nigeria rather than expressing sympathy for the loss of Davido’s son, Ifeanyi.
Seun, via his official Instagram account, shared a screenshot of a report that stated: “Over one in 10 children in Nigeria die before their fifth birthday due to acute hunger-Report,” while Nigerians grieve the loss of Davido’s son.
In the comment section, several social media users argued Big birds’ behaviour was inappropriate and if at all he would need to make such a post it shouldn’t have been the same day Davido was mourning his son.
Responding to the backlash, the Egypt 80 band leader indicated in a video that he wasn’t required to post about the boy to express his grief.
He stressed that since he had never ‘promoted Davido’s accomplishment on his page, his son’s passing shouldn’t have been the first thing he would announce’.
The singer who doubles activist revealed that he would rather visit Davido to express his sympathies than post it on his page.
He added that while he had never instructed anyone not to mourn Ifeanyi, others should no longer be told how to grieve. He also emphasized that it is not his nature to publicly grieve someone’s loss.
- JUST IN: TCN Shut Down National Grid Over NLC, TUC Strike
- INEC Declares Usman Ododo of the APC Winner of Kogi Governorship Election
- Controversy as Gov Adeleke Appointee Appoints 97 Persons as PA, Special Aides in Osun
- BREAKING: EFCC Secures Arrest Warrant for Alison-Madueke; Begins Extradition Proceedings
- Buhari Brought Nigeria’s Economy Out of Hardship Not Your Husband – Garba Shehu Counters Remi Tinubu