An Osun State High Court sitting in Osogbo has denied the bail application of Dr. Rahmon Adedoyin, the owner of Hilton Hotels and Resort, and six others over the alleged murder of a Master student of the Obafemi Awolowo Univeristy, Timothy Adegoke, at the hotel sometimes ago.
In the hearing presided over by Justice Adepele Ojo, Adedoyin and others were denied bail application on the ground that the defendant’s counsel has failed to prove that the accused could not be given proper treatment at the prison premises.
The defendants: Dr Rahmon Adedoyin, Magdalene Chiefuna, Adeniyi Aderogba, Oluwole Lawrence, Oyetunde Kazeem Adebayo Kunle and Adedeji Adesola are facing trial on eleven counts bothering on murder, conspiracy, felony amongst others.
Refusing the bail application of the defendants, Justice Ojo noted that their health condition are not critical to warrant any bail.
The defendant’s counsels, Adekunle Adegoke, K. K Eleja and Okon Ita, had ealier moved the bail application for seven defendants on the ground that they have health issues that require medical treatment, but the motion was opposed by the prosecutor, M O Omosun.
The bail application was argued by the counsel of the defendants and the prosecutor. However, while delivering his judgement, Justice Adepele Ojo ruled that the defendant’s counsels have not been able to convince the court that the accused could not be taken care of in the prison, and he thus refused the bail.
- JUST IN: TCN Shut Down National Grid Over NLC, TUC Strike
- INEC Declares Usman Ododo of the APC Winner of Kogi Governorship Election
- Controversy as Gov Adeleke Appointee Appoints 97 Persons as PA, Special Aides in Osun
- BREAKING: EFCC Secures Arrest Warrant for Alison-Madueke; Begins Extradition Proceedings
- Buhari Brought Nigeria’s Economy Out of Hardship Not Your Husband – Garba Shehu Counters Remi Tinubu