Nigerian Lawyer and former National Publicity Secretary of the People’s Democratic Party (PDP), Olisa Metuh has disclosed the reason why he didn’t want PDP to zone their presidency to the southern part of Nigeria.
Mr Metuh made the revelation during an interview with BBC News, noting that the Rivers State Governor, Nyesom Wike wanted it to be zoned to the south so that he might have a chance to become the party’s presidential candidate.
He stressed that if the presidency was zoned to the south, Wike would have been the party’s flagbearer today, but he fought against it. He told PDP that zoning to the south is not a good idea, they should try another method of electing their candidate.
He wanted Peter Obi to become the party’s presidential candidate, and if it was zoned to the south, Obi wouldn’t have a chance to become their candidate, the candidate can only be Wike because he’s one of the strongest politicians from the south in PDP.
So the party decided to elect their candidate through qualifications which later resulted in Atiku becoming the presidential candidate of PDP. He was the one who fought against zoning to the south to avoid Wike being the flagbearer but to give Peter Obi a chance of becoming the flagbearer, (although he wasn’t very sure Peter Obi would have won the primaries) but unfortunately, he left PDP.
- VIDEO: Everything Keyamo Said When Asked If Tinubu Attended Primary And Secondary School
- See The Ridiculous Reason Kizz Daniel Refused To Perform At Tanzanian Concert, By Promoter
- Dino Melaye Bursted As The Possible Brain Behind Cultist Procession Against Bola Tinubu
- “Let The Poor Angry Bird Go Home And Rest” – Reactions After BBNaija’s Beauty Got Disqualified
- “I Dumped Burna Boy Because He Couldn’t Satisfy Me In Bed” – Stefflon Don