A Nigerian investigative journalist, Babajide Kolade Otitoju (BKO), has discussed extensively about the system of education in some Nigerian tertiary institutions, saying some of the students who are engaging in the internet scamming are no more attending classes but they pass by bribing lecturers.
The well known journalist disclosed this in a recent hangout session live-streamed by TVC News.
Mr Otitoju, while speaking about some illegal or corrupt activities going on in some institutions, stated that:
“yahoo Boys don’t attend classes again, they just send money to Lecturers to pass courses”.
The ace investigative journalist is of the opinion that other Nigerian institutions should take after Obafemi Awolowo University (OAU) that, according to reports, just fired some lecturers who demand sex for grades.
Furthermore, Mr Otitoju stressed that if not for an investigative video released by BBC News, sanctioning lecturers who are found guilty might not be taken serious. He added:
“we really need to sanitize the university systeem”
Dear esteemed Readers, what are your thoughts concerning the statements Babajide Kolade Otitoju made about what yahoo Boys do to pass in school?
- JUST IN: TCN Shut Down National Grid Over NLC, TUC Strike
- INEC Declares Usman Ododo of the APC Winner of Kogi Governorship Election
- Controversy as Gov Adeleke Appointee Appoints 97 Persons as PA, Special Aides in Osun
- BREAKING: EFCC Secures Arrest Warrant for Alison-Madueke; Begins Extradition Proceedings
- Buhari Brought Nigeria’s Economy Out of Hardship Not Your Husband – Garba Shehu Counters Remi Tinubu