A popular Nigerian skit maker, comedian and activist, Adebowale Adedayo, professionally known as Mr. Macaroni, has taken to his official Twitter handle to react after calls from some people that the Igbos should leave Lagos and go back to their various states in the Southeast.
This call was a result of the massive support that the Igbos in Lagos are showing the Presidential Candidate of the Labour Party, Mr. Peter Obi ahead of the 2023 Presidential election. Recall that some months ago, there were reports that some South-Easterners were allegedly denied from registering as new voters in some parts of Lagos.
However, while reacting to this, Mr. Macaroni noted that the call for Igbos to leave Lagos is very insensitive. According to him, he said, “Some were born in Lagos, Some grew up in Lagos, some have their businesses in Lagos and have contributed to whatever development you claim Lagos State has experienced so far. It’s Election time and you say they should Leave Lagos?”
This, however, led to several mixed reactions from Nigerians on social media as they took to the comment section to express their opinions. See the tweet and some of the reactions below;
What do you think about what Mr. Macaroni said?
- Yorubas Can’t Be Called Rascals, They Understand & Manage Diversity Very Well – Reno Omokri Replies Iwuanyanwu
- Pandora Papers: Law Firm Writes CCB, Demands Prosecution of Peter Obi
- BREAKING: INEC Fixes April 15 for Supplementary Polls in Adamawa, Kebbi
- Gbadebo Is Proud & Self-Centered, He Would Have Set Lagos Backwards By 10yrs If He Had Won – Former LP Chairman
- Tinubu Wants El-Rufai in His Cabinet As His SGF – APC NWC Member Says
For More News, Kindly Join Our WhatsApp Group, Follow us on Instagram and Like our Facebook Page. You Can Also Follow Us On Twitter