A popular Nigerian skit maker, comedian and activist, Adebowale Adedayo, professionally known as Mr. Macaroni, has taken to his official Twitter handle to react after calls from some people that the Igbos should leave Lagos and go back to their various states in the Southeast.
This call was a result of the massive support that the Igbos in Lagos are showing the Presidential Candidate of the Labour Party, Mr. Peter Obi ahead of the 2023 Presidential election. Recall that some months ago, there were reports that some South-Easterners were allegedly denied from registering as new voters in some parts of Lagos.
However, while reacting to this, Mr. Macaroni noted that the call for Igbos to leave Lagos is very insensitive. According to him, he said, “Some were born in Lagos, Some grew up in Lagos, some have their businesses in Lagos and have contributed to whatever development you claim Lagos State has experienced so far. It’s Election time and you say they should Leave Lagos?”
This, however, led to several mixed reactions from Nigerians on social media as they took to the comment section to express their opinions. See the tweet and some of the reactions below;
What do you think about what Mr. Macaroni said?
- Soludo Lauds Tinubu for Giving South-East Juicy Portfolios
- Celebrating A Rare Gem, Adelani Sunday (Dr)
- Nollywood Actress Moyo Lawal Sex Tape Leaked | Watch
- Wike Writes EFCC & ICPC, Tells Them To Invite Former FCT Minister For Questioning Over Alleged Mismanagement of Govt Fund
- Judges, Politicians Are Escaping From Nigeria Ahead Of Judgement Day – Pat Utomi