The governor of Rivers state, Nyesome Wike, has tackled former Vice-President, Atiku Abubakar, over his comment that he will always pick PDP’s Presidential ticket, saying such comment is a disrespect to all the delegates that would participate in the election.
Wike said the Atiku’s statement is way too extreme, as it is tantamount to taking all the convention delegates of the party for granted.
The governor made this known in a statement issued on Sunday through his Special Assistant on media, Kelvin Ebiri, saying the outcome of the forthcoming PDP presidential primary would shock many.
In his word: “I didn’t expect him frankly speaking to say that he will always take the ticket of the party. That is going too far and taking the delegates for granted,” the governor said.
Wike noted that he is committed to doing anyrhing that would make the opposition party return to power in 2023 to earnestly start the process of rebuilding the nation, and as such would throw his weight behind anyone who eventually emerges the preidential candidate of the PDP.
Moreover, Wike urged every members of the party to do away with utterances that may wreck the fragile peace of the party, noting that the coming Presidential primary will be full of surprises.
He said: “People should watch, there will be shock as far as PDP convention is concern. People should watch what is going to happen. People like to underrate so many persons and it is not good in politics.”
While talking on the chances of the PDP in the 2023 elections, Wike expressed confidence about his party, saying the prospects of the party remains bright.
Watch the of where Atiku made the claim:
- “The Effects of Twitter Ban on Businesses was Evident for All to See” – Atiku
- 2023: Nigerian People Have Lost Confidence in APC – Wike
- Wike Berates Defecting PDP Governors, Calls Them Shameless Human Beings That Cannot be Trusted.
- Dave Umahi is 100 Times Better Than Peter Obi, Tweep Set Twitter on Fire For Saying This.
- PDP Chieftain Berates Buhari, Picks Tinubu, Bello As His Only Fear Ahead of 2023.
- Soludo Lauds Tinubu for Giving South-East Juicy Portfolios
- Celebrating A Rare Gem, Adelani Sunday (Dr)
- Nollywood Actress Moyo Lawal Sex Tape Leaked | Watch
- Wike Writes EFCC & ICPC, Tells Them To Invite Former FCT Minister For Questioning Over Alleged Mismanagement of Govt Fund
- Judges, Politicians Are Escaping From Nigeria Ahead Of Judgement Day – Pat Utomi