Amid ongoing public outrage that has trailed the brutal violence meted out on innocent voters during the gubernatorial elections in Lagos a fortnight ago, the Labour Party candidate in the state, Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour has reeled out a list of prominent Yoruba politicians who were accused of being Igbo by the political party that has held the former Federal Capital Territory (FCT) in a chokehold since the return of democracy in 1999.
While reacting to the passing away of Bolaji, a young LP supporter who was repeatedly stabbed by political thugs on March 18, 2023, Gbadebo argued that the ruling party in Lagos has often used ethnic profiling as an excuse to attack anybody suspected not to be in support of their candidates, which included Yorubas. To buttress his point, He went on to list some prominent Lagosians who were accused of being Igbo simply because they were on the opposing side during elections.
He wrote; “In 1999, they said Dapo Sarumi from Epe is Igbo because he was in opposition. They said the same in 2003 about Funsho Williams, who was married to an Igbo woman.”
See the screenshot of the rest of his tweet below:
- Emefiele: I’m Highly Disappointed You Appointed Shonubi As Acting CBN Governor – Adeyanju Attacks Tinubu
- Meet Folashodun Shonubi, the CBN’s New Acting Governor
- BREAKING: Emefiele Arrested By DSS For Questioning And Investigations After Suspension
- JUST IN: President Tinubu Suspends Emefiele, Directs Investigation Into Naira Redesign
- New Cats: B-Red Reveals How Burnaboy Chased After Davido’s Car In Port Harcourt
For More News, Kindly Join Our WhatsApp Group, Follow us on Instagram and Like our Facebook Page. You Can Also Follow Us On Twitter