Governor of Cross River State, Ben Ayade, on Tuesday, announced the extension of teachers’ retirement age by five years.
Mr Ayade made the announcement yesterday during a courtesy visit by the Nigeria Union of Teachers (NUT) to governor.
“Teachers are the conscience of the nation, they are the moulders of leaders of tomorrow. So, for us in Cross River, teachers deserve premium welfare,” he said.
“Teachers’ retirement age is hereby extended by five years. Embargo has been lifted on promotion. All promoted teachers will henceforth start earning salaries commensurate with their positions.”
- Yorubas Can’t Be Called Rascals, They Understand & Manage Diversity Very Well – Reno Omokri Replies Iwuanyanwu
- Pandora Papers: Law Firm Writes CCB, Demands Prosecution of Peter Obi
- BREAKING: INEC Fixes April 15 for Supplementary Polls in Adamawa, Kebbi
- Gbadebo Is Proud & Self-Centered, He Would Have Set Lagos Backwards By 10yrs If He Had Won – Former LP Chairman
- Tinubu Wants El-Rufai in His Cabinet As His SGF – APC NWC Member Says