Governor of Cross River State, Ben Ayade, on Tuesday, announced the extension of teachers’ retirement age by five years.
Mr Ayade made the announcement yesterday during a courtesy visit by the Nigeria Union of Teachers (NUT) to governor.
“Teachers are the conscience of the nation, they are the moulders of leaders of tomorrow. So, for us in Cross River, teachers deserve premium welfare,” he said.
“Teachers’ retirement age is hereby extended by five years. Embargo has been lifted on promotion. All promoted teachers will henceforth start earning salaries commensurate with their positions.”
- Buhari’s Aide Under Fire For Advising FCT Minister Wike To Do Something To Some Dark Areas In Abuja
- Do You Wanna Watch Hannah Spoilt Y@nsh Video? Click Here
- CBN Disburses $61.64m To Foreign Airlines Through Various DMBs
- Federal Government Bans 18 Foreign Universities Operating In Nigeria, See Why
- Ban Sport Betting, Other Gambling Platforms Now, It Is Destroying Our Economy – Reno Omokri Urges Tinubu