The Rivers State Governor, Nyesom Ezenwo Wike, has disclosed that the Igbo delegates at the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) convention last year when the party was holding its presidential primaries were the ones who worked against him at the last minute and sabotaged his chances for becoming the presidential candidate of the PDP.
Governor Wike who spoke when he hosted on a courtesy visit, the National Executive Committee of Ohanaeze Ndi Igbo Worldwide, at Government House in Port Harcourt, said that he feels satisfied that power has moved to the south and Atiku Abubakar, who the Igbo delegates voted for during the primaries didn’t win the election.
According to Vanguard News, the Rivers State governor revealed that he was a major proponent of a southern president, and he never thought the Igbos could sabotage his chances of winning the election, if not at the last minutes that he realized that most of them were already supporting Atiku Abubakar for the presidency.
He said, “Within the last minutes, knowing that I was going to win PDP primaries, your sons (Igbos) were all the ones who did everything and sabotaged me. I said ok, no problem. But I still maintained that look, if you have taken the presidential candidate you can’t take chairmanship again, give us back the chairman and I still stand by that and if you don’t do that whatever you see you take”.
- Buhari Not Spending Extra Day, Transition To Tinubu’s Government On Course – SGF
- “Economy of Lagos State Must Be Crippled” – Simon Ekpa Says As He Declares ‘Sit At Home’ For Biafrans In Lagos
- Those Prophesying Against Tinubu Are Wasting Their Time – Pastor Joshua Iginla Says
- BREAKING: Simon Ekpa Declares ‘Sit At Home’ For Biafrans in Lagos
- Governor Wike Reacts To Ayu’s Replacement, See What He Has To Say
For More News, Kindly Join Our WhatsApp Group, Follow us on Instagram and Like our Facebook Page. You Can Also Follow Us On Twitter