The Rivers Police Command has reportedly arrested a 17-year-old boy identified as Noble Uzuchi for allegedly impregnating 10 ladies.
According to reports, the suspect was nabbed with his accomplice, Chigozie Ogbonna, 29 and it was gathered from the authorities that the two suspects and two other ladies, Favour Bright and Peace Alikoi, were allegedly running a baby factory.
Speaking about the case, Rivers Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO), Grace Iringe-Koko, disclosed that the arrests were carried out following a tipoff.
According to Iringe-Koko, the four suspects operated in the Obio/Akpor and Ikwerre local government areas of the state before their arrest.
She added the 10 pregnant ladies had been rescued by the Force operatives after the raid and arrest of the suspects.
“On Saturday, January 7, 2023, around 4.45 pm, while acting on credible intelligence available to the Rivers State Police Command, C4I Intelligence Unit operatives raided two houses at Igwuruta and Omagwa communities respectively, where victims of child trafficking were being kept.
“The victims rescued in the operation are 10, most of them pregnant,” she said.She claimed that investigations found that when a victim delivered her baby, the syndicate leader kept the child and paid N500,000 while some of the babies previously delivered in the houses had been sold.
“All the victims confessed that they were lured to the illicit sales of children because of the need to meet some financial challenges. A Honda Pilot Jeep, white, was recovered from the syndicate leader,” she added.
- NBC Fines Channels TV N5 Million Over ‘Inciting Interview’ It Granted Datti Baba-Ahmed
- Commotion As Enugu Governor-Elect, Police, Others Flee During INEC Presentation Of Certificates Of Return Over Loud Bang
- When Tinubu First Heard Peter Obi Won In Lagos, He Told Us “It’s Not A Big Deal, Move On”- Oyalowo
- BREAKING: Singer Portable Arrested By Police After 72-Hour Ultimatum
- Dino Melaye Dragged On Social Media After Failing Simple Arithmetic Over Tinubu’s Age
For More News, Kindly Join Our WhatsApp Group, Follow us on Instagram and Like our Facebook Page. You Can Also Follow Us On Twitter