The Hon Minister Of FCT, Nyesom Wike has written a letter to the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) and the Independent Corrupt Practices Commission (ICPC) to invite former Minister of FCT, Mallam Muhammed M Bello to explain how he mismanaged government fund allocated to his office.
According to reports, the former governor of Rivers State highlighted in his letter that the two anti-corruption agencies should ask the former minister how he awarded different contracts worth multi-billion Naira and left a debt of over N1.2 trillion to FCT without any tangible achievement during his time in office.
In his letter, Wike urged both the EFCC and ICPC to ask the former FCT minister how he awarded the following contracts;
- Awarded 1kM Road from Gaduwa Estate junction to the NCDC Office at the Cost of 4 billion Naira and paid in full.
- Awarded a contract of N10 Billion and later jacked up to N119 Billion,
- Awarded Contract of N50 Billion later jack up to N200 Billion,
- Awarded contract of N6 Billion and later jack up to 70 Billion,
- Awarded an emergency maitanance of Usman Dam at the cost of N9 Billion and paid in full without any BOQ and so many procurement infraction.
- Left debt of over N1.2 trillion to FCT without anything show.
- Approval of green areas to residential houses and Converting Residential Houses in Wuse 2, Maitama Gana Street, Garki into Commercial in contrary to the Abuja master plan.
- JUST IN: TCN Shut Down National Grid Over NLC, TUC Strike
- INEC Declares Usman Ododo of the APC Winner of Kogi Governorship Election
- Controversy as Gov Adeleke Appointee Appoints 97 Persons as PA, Special Aides in Osun
- BREAKING: EFCC Secures Arrest Warrant for Alison-Madueke; Begins Extradition Proceedings
- Buhari Brought Nigeria’s Economy Out of Hardship Not Your Husband – Garba Shehu Counters Remi Tinubu