The President of Ukraine, Volodymyr Zelensky, has started that his country, Ukraine should accept that it will not become a NATO member.
Zelensky said this during a call with the country’s military leaders, saying he has got to know the truth that Ukraine can not become member of NATO and the country must recognise it as the truth.
“Ukraine is not a member of NATO. We understand that. We have heard for years that the doors were open, but we also heard that we could not join. It’s a truth and it must be recognized.”
Reports suggested that Ukraine is being invaded by Russia because Zelensky announced his interest in joining NATO, a US-led military alliance.
Following Zelensky’s declaration, Russian President Vladimir Putin sent a warning to the Ukrainian President, urging him to revoke the decision or they will face major invasion from him.
Subsequently, Russia began a military invasion of Ukraine, in a major escalation of the Russo-Ukrainian conflict that had begun in 2014. The invasion is regarded as the largest military conflict in Europe since World War II.
The invasion has led to the largest refugee crisis in Europe since World War II, which according to the statistics, over three million people were displaced including Nigerians living in the Eastern European country.
- Keyamo Reacts To The Video Of Fayose Saying Peter Obi Requires N50B To Get Tinubu’s Kind of Structure
- VIDEO: Lady Escapes Ritualist Kidnapping In Osogbo
- “I’ve Performed In Almost Every Country In The World” – Burna Boy Brags As He Recounts His Blessings
- LAUTECH Calls Off Strike, Resumes Academic Session
- JUST IN: Police Repel Terrorist Attack In Three Locations In Katsina