Garba Shehu, former President Muhammadu Buhari’s media aide, has countered a statement issued by Oluremi Tinubu, the wife of the Nigerian President, Bola Tinubu that his husband inherited a damaged economy from the former president’s administration.
The Nigerian first Lady noted that President Tinubu is not a magician but will work to fix the things damaged in the country.
Reacting in an interview with BBC Hausa Service, Garba Shehu insisted that his principal, Muhammadu Buhari brought Nigeria’s economy out of crisis, not President Tinubu.
Shehu made the remark while dismissing claims that Buhari’s administration threw Nigeria into myriads of problems leading to the current hardship in the country.
He noted that no past administration found itself in economic hardship like Buhari’s and added that no government in the world can solve all the problems a nation faces.
According to Shehu: “If there were hardships or problems, these should be looked into, to know how they came about.
“No administration in this country found itself in economic issues like Buhari’s because of our dependence on oil and prices, which went down.
“We also had the Coronavirus pandemic. Nations shut their doors, and the economy plummeted. But, Alhamdulillah, Buhari brought the Nigerian economy out of that crisis.”
- JUST IN: TCN Shut Down National Grid Over NLC, TUC Strike
- INEC Declares Usman Ododo of the APC Winner of Kogi Governorship Election
- Controversy as Gov Adeleke Appointee Appoints 97 Persons as PA, Special Aides in Osun
- BREAKING: EFCC Secures Arrest Warrant for Alison-Madueke; Begins Extradition Proceedings
- Buhari Brought Nigeria’s Economy Out of Hardship Not Your Husband – Garba Shehu Counters Remi Tinubu