Osun state residents have again been thrown into a surprise as ALGON Chairman of the state, Hon. Sarafadeen Abiodun Awotunde, appointed a staggering 97 individuals to various positions as Special Assistants, Executive Assistants, and Special Aides.
The announcement of these appointments came to light this afternoon, leaving citizens questioning the necessity and implications of such a massive hiring spree. The decision to add this substantial number of personnel to the ALGON Chairman’s team raises concerns, especially in a state where the government is grappling with challenges related to unpaid worker salaries and pensioners’ allowances.
The appointees span across the 12 wards of the Ifelodun local government Main Council, LCDA, and Area Council. The positions include Special Assistants, Executive Assistants, and other Special Aides.
Here is a breakdown of the appointments:
A list of nine individuals who will serve as Special Assistants has been released.
A lengthy roster of 85 individuals appointed as Executive Assistants to the ALGON Chairman has been disclosed.
Other Important Special Aides:
Three additional individuals have been appointed to key roles, including the Personal Assistant to the ALGON First Lady, Chief Protocol Officer to the ALGON Chairman Osun State, and Senior Driver to the ALGON Chairman.
“These appointments, effective from October 2nd, are purportedly aimed at fostering inclusiveness in government and promoting interactions between the ALGON Chairman and residents across the 12 wards in the Ifelodun local government area,” The announcement added.
- JUST IN: TCN Shut Down National Grid Over NLC, TUC Strike
- INEC Declares Usman Ododo of the APC Winner of Kogi Governorship Election
- Controversy as Gov Adeleke Appointee Appoints 97 Persons as PA, Special Aides in Osun
- BREAKING: EFCC Secures Arrest Warrant for Alison-Madueke; Begins Extradition Proceedings
- Buhari Brought Nigeria’s Economy Out of Hardship Not Your Husband – Garba Shehu Counters Remi Tinubu