The governor of Ebonyi, Dave Umahi, and his Deputy, Eric Kelechi igwe, have been sacked by the Federal High Court sitting in Abuja on Tuesday.
The Court premised its decision on the fact that the governor and his deputy defected from the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) under which they were given their mandates to the All Progressive Congress (APC) in November 20, thereby nullifying their mandates.
In a judgement delivered by Justice Inyang Ekwo, the court held that the total number of 393, 042 votes cast for Governor Umahi during the March 9, 2019 gubernatorial election in Ebonyi state, belonged to the PDP and same could not be legally transferred to the APC.
The Court ruled that having defected from the PDP to APC, both the governor and his deputy have jettisoned the votes given to them through the PDP, and thereby seized to be governor and deputy governor.
From the judgement, the court ordered the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) to immediately receive from PDP names of another persons to replace Umahi and his Deputy, or in the alternative, conduct fresh gubernatorial election in Ebonyi state in line with section 177(c) of the 1999 Constitution, as amended.
- Tinubu: Fayose’s Travail And What Sowore, Other Nescient Youths Should Learn
- Lagos May Explode In October 1st As Obi, Tinubu Supporters Plan Rival Rallies At Lekki Toll Gate
- “Today You Might Be A Fan And Tomorrow The Player” – BBNaija Star Ka3na Reacts To Old Tweet Of Beauty Mocking Erica
- BBNaijaS7: “We Have Started Dating Before Week 2” – Beauty Admits Dating Groovy In An Interview
- VIDEO: Everything Keyamo Said When Asked If Tinubu Attended Primary And Secondary School