Reno Omokri, a former aid for Ex-president Goodluck Jonathan and social media influencer has warned people not to send him Christmas messages or hampers because he does not believe in celebrating Christmas.
Mr Omokri said this in a tweet posted via official verified Twitter handle, narrating how he returned the hampers sent to him last year to those that sent it to him.
The host of a Christian teaching TV show, Transformation with Reno Omokri, disclosed that he chose not to celebrate Christmas because Jesus Christ never taught it, adding that is Jesus is his standard, not the world, or any church doctrine
The tweet reads:
“Last year, I caused a lot of offence because people felt I was rude because I ignored their Christmas greetings and returned their hampers. Those who know me know I am a meek person, who only becomes an alpha when my meekness is mistaken for weakness.
“Please don’t wish me a Merry Christmas, or send me hampers. I don’t believe in Christmas because Yeshua never taught it. Yeshua is my standard, not the world, or any church doctrine.”
However, I don’t quarrel with those who celebrate Christmas. I won’t help you give an account of your life before God on Judgment Day, and you won’t help me. So do what your conscience can defend, and leave me to do what mine can defend.
My rejection of your greetings, cards, and gifts is not because of anything you did. It is because of what my conscience did to me. It convicted me. That is all.”
- Yorubas Can’t Be Called Rascals, They Understand & Manage Diversity Very Well – Reno Omokri Replies Iwuanyanwu
- Pandora Papers: Law Firm Writes CCB, Demands Prosecution of Peter Obi
- BREAKING: INEC Fixes April 15 for Supplementary Polls in Adamawa, Kebbi
- Gbadebo Is Proud & Self-Centered, He Would Have Set Lagos Backwards By 10yrs If He Had Won – Former LP Chairman
- Tinubu Wants El-Rufai in His Cabinet As His SGF – APC NWC Member Says
For More News, Kindly Join Our WhatsApp Group, Follow us on Instagram and Like our Facebook Page. You Can Also Follow Us On Twitter