An Abuja Court of Appeal on Friday ordered the Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) to call off its ongoing strike.
NewsinNaija reports that the appellate court stated that calling off the strike is the only condition that the union’s request to appeal the ruling of the National Industrial Court of Nigeria (NICN) which ordered ASUU to call off its strike will be given effect.
The court on Friday urged university lecturers to return to classrooms as soon as possible.
Earlier, on Wednesday, the Appeal Court had asked the parties to explore the option of an out-of-court settlement. However, an agreement was not reached by both the Federal Government and ASUU.
Recall that several meetings between ASUU and the federal government have ended in a deadlock.
Consequently, the federal government went to court to challenge the industrial action.
- Yorubas Can’t Be Called Rascals, They Understand & Manage Diversity Very Well – Reno Omokri Replies Iwuanyanwu
- Pandora Papers: Law Firm Writes CCB, Demands Prosecution of Peter Obi
- BREAKING: INEC Fixes April 15 for Supplementary Polls in Adamawa, Kebbi
- Gbadebo Is Proud & Self-Centered, He Would Have Set Lagos Backwards By 10yrs If He Had Won – Former LP Chairman
- Tinubu Wants El-Rufai in His Cabinet As His SGF – APC NWC Member Says
For More News, Kindly Join Our WhatsApp Group, Follow us on Instagram and Like our Facebook Page. You Can Also Follow Us On Twitter