An Abuja Court of Appeal on Friday ordered the Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) to call off its ongoing strike.
NewsinNaija reports that the appellate court stated that calling off the strike is the only condition that the union’s request to appeal the ruling of the National Industrial Court of Nigeria (NICN) which ordered ASUU to call off its strike will be given effect.
The court on Friday urged university lecturers to return to classrooms as soon as possible.
Earlier, on Wednesday, the Appeal Court had asked the parties to explore the option of an out-of-court settlement. However, an agreement was not reached by both the Federal Government and ASUU.
Recall that several meetings between ASUU and the federal government have ended in a deadlock.
Consequently, the federal government went to court to challenge the industrial action.
- JUST IN: TCN Shut Down National Grid Over NLC, TUC Strike
- INEC Declares Usman Ododo of the APC Winner of Kogi Governorship Election
- Controversy as Gov Adeleke Appointee Appoints 97 Persons as PA, Special Aides in Osun
- BREAKING: EFCC Secures Arrest Warrant for Alison-Madueke; Begins Extradition Proceedings
- Buhari Brought Nigeria’s Economy Out of Hardship Not Your Husband – Garba Shehu Counters Remi Tinubu