Drama ensued in Isiala Ngwa, Local Government Area of Abia State as a man reportedly absconded due to the bride’s family extortion.
According to an eyewitness report posted online, the whole scenario started when the groom identified as Okwudili was asked to pay N1,500,000 to cater for food, tents, chairs and a public address system. He was also made to set aside N100,000 as the bride price that the two families had agreed on.
Okwudili was asked to add N50,000 to the bride price because he had already impregnated the girl. He was slapped with an N10,000 fine for making a detour to the wrong path and ending up in a different homestead instead of the girl’s.
He was also asked to pay N15,000 to appease the elders who had become tired of waiting for his arrival.
Drama however ensued when twelve girls covered in loose robes from head to toe were paraded before Okwudili and he was asked to guess who his fiancée was. He pointed at the wrong woman and that lead to yet another fine of N15,000 thrice
The decisive moment specifically was when the elders demanded for a refund of the total sum of N850,000 that had been paid as the girl’s school fees and upkeep since she started primary school!
Fuming with anger which he tried his best to hide, Okwudili excused himself to visit a nearby latrine and disappeared! He switched off his phone and was last seen in a bus heading to Lagos from Owerri.
- Buhari’s Aide Under Fire For Advising FCT Minister Wike To Do Something To Some Dark Areas In Abuja
- Do You Wanna Watch Hannah Spoilt Y@nsh Video? Click Here
- CBN Disburses $61.64m To Foreign Airlines Through Various DMBs
- Federal Government Bans 18 Foreign Universities Operating In Nigeria, See Why
- Ban Sport Betting, Other Gambling Platforms Now, It Is Destroying Our Economy – Reno Omokri Urges Tinubu