As the crisis within the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, lingers on, the Rivers State Governor, Nyesom Wike has once again slammed the party’s presidential candidate, Alhaji Atiku Abubakar.
The former presidential aspirant under the party cautioned that those issuing such threats in Abuja should have a rethink or else they will have problems.
Wike disclosed this at the flag-off of construction work on the Elele Internal Roads in Ikwerre Local Government Area on Monday, noting that the state cannot continue to be a dumping ground.
Speaking further, Wike said Rivers State stands very strong in the scheme of national affairs, which is why it is given that when the state gives anybody support, it should be reciprocated.
He noted that despite the contribution of Rivers State to PDP, the state has nothing to show for it. In his words:
“Let me use this opportunity to tell you. People should understand. Rivers State is very strong as far as this country is concerned.
“I have told people. Rivers State is not a dumping ground and will never be a dumping ground. If we give you support, we believe you can reciprocate, so nobody should threaten us, no political party can threaten Rivers State, not one.
“So all those who are opening their mouth in Abuja to threaten Rivers State, think twice before you have a problem,” Wike said
- ‘I’m The One Who Wrote A Petition Against Portable’ – Manny Monie
- FG Bans Anti-inauguration Protests Nationwide
- Pastor Eneche And Ibiyeome Are Calling People To Go And Protest, Will They Stand In Front? – Asari Dokubo
- Female Firefighter Cries Out, Begs Male Admirers To Stop Calling Emergency Room To Request For Her Number (Photos)
- It’s Turn Of South-South To Produce Senate President – Afegbua
For More News, Kindly Join Our WhatsApp Group, Follow us on Instagram and Like our Facebook Page. You Can Also Follow Us On Twitter