As the 2023 Presidential election is getting nearer, Mr Peter Obi, the candidate of the Labour Party has said he will retire his counterparts from the ruling All Progressives Congress, APC, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu and Alhaji Atiku Abubakar of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, if elected president.
Peter Obi stated this on Monday while speaking in Asaba, the capital city of Delta State, saying he would retire Tinubu and Atiku and pay them compensation if elected president.
The Labour Party presidential candidate stressed that the age differences of his counterparts would lead to their retirement if elected president.
The Anambra state former governor who is 61-year-old said that it is the turn of the youths to rule Nigeria and retire old politicians who have been at the helm of the country’s affairs.
I his words: “If you put my age and Datti’s age and divide it into two, we are in our fifties.
“The other people, if you put their own, they are in their seventies. You know that there is a retirement age.
“The PDP chairman is 70 years, APC chairman is 70 years. The Labour Party chairman is 52 years old. So it is our turn. We will retire them, we will pay them compensation.”
- NBC Fines Channels TV N5 Million Over ‘Inciting Interview’ It Granted Datti Baba-Ahmed
- Commotion As Enugu Governor-Elect, Police, Others Flee During INEC Presentation Of Certificates Of Return Over Loud Bang
- When Tinubu First Heard Peter Obi Won In Lagos, He Told Us “It’s Not A Big Deal, Move On”- Oyalowo
- BREAKING: Singer Portable Arrested By Police After 72-Hour Ultimatum
- Dino Melaye Dragged On Social Media After Failing Simple Arithmetic Over Tinubu’s Age
For More News, Kindly Join Our WhatsApp Group, Follow us on Instagram and Like our Facebook Page. You Can Also Follow Us On Twitter