As the 2023 Presidential election is getting nearer, Mr Peter Obi, the candidate of the Labour Party has said he will retire his counterparts from the ruling All Progressives Congress, APC, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu and Alhaji Atiku Abubakar of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, if elected president.
Peter Obi stated this on Monday while speaking in Asaba, the capital city of Delta State, saying he would retire Tinubu and Atiku and pay them compensation if elected president.
The Labour Party presidential candidate stressed that the age differences of his counterparts would lead to their retirement if elected president.
The Anambra state former governor who is 61-year-old said that it is the turn of the youths to rule Nigeria and retire old politicians who have been at the helm of the country’s affairs.
I his words: “If you put my age and Datti’s age and divide it into two, we are in our fifties.
“The other people, if you put their own, they are in their seventies. You know that there is a retirement age.
“The PDP chairman is 70 years, APC chairman is 70 years. The Labour Party chairman is 52 years old. So it is our turn. We will retire them, we will pay them compensation.”
- JUST IN: TCN Shut Down National Grid Over NLC, TUC Strike
- INEC Declares Usman Ododo of the APC Winner of Kogi Governorship Election
- Controversy as Gov Adeleke Appointee Appoints 97 Persons as PA, Special Aides in Osun
- BREAKING: EFCC Secures Arrest Warrant for Alison-Madueke; Begins Extradition Proceedings
- Buhari Brought Nigeria’s Economy Out of Hardship Not Your Husband – Garba Shehu Counters Remi Tinubu