Two Ukrainian professional footballers have been killed while defending their country against Russian invasion, FIFPRO has reported.
The two footballers are Vitalli Sapylo and Dmytro Martynenko. They were among the numerous Ukrainians citizens who picked up arms to fight against Russian invasion of their country.
Vitalii Sapylo was 21 years old and played in the youth team for Ukrainian second division side Karpaty Lviv, while Dmytro Martynenko was 25 years old and was an amateur footballer for FC Gostomel.
Recall that Russian has invaded Ukraine after some diplomatic rows between them. Even though many countries of the world, especially the Western countries, have frowned at the invasion, Russia seems unperturbed and has continued the invasion.
The death of these two young men have become football’s first reported losses in the war.
May their gentle souls rest in perfect peace.
- Tinubu: Fayose’s Travail And What Sowore, Other Nescient Youths Should Learn
- Lagos May Explode In October 1st As Obi, Tinubu Supporters Plan Rival Rallies At Lekki Toll Gate
- “Today You Might Be A Fan And Tomorrow The Player” – BBNaija Star Ka3na Reacts To Old Tweet Of Beauty Mocking Erica
- BBNaijaS7: “We Have Started Dating Before Week 2” – Beauty Admits Dating Groovy In An Interview
- VIDEO: Everything Keyamo Said When Asked If Tinubu Attended Primary And Secondary School