Oluremi Tinubu, the Senator representing Lagos Central Senatorial District in the National Assembly, has declared she will not be returning to the National Assembly in 2023.
According to party sources, Senator Tinubu took the decision in order to mobilise support for her husband, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, who is running for the presidency in 2023 on the platform of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC).
HotNewsInNaija gathered that leaders of Lagos Central Senatorial District, led by Prince gave Senator Tinubu the right to nominate a qualified candidate as her replacement.
It was said that she nominated Wasiu Eshilokun-Sanni, the Deputy Speaker of the Lagos State House of Assembly as her choice.
In 2015, Senator Tinubu said her husband opposed her plans to return to the Senate for a second term. According to her, her district leaders got the form for her and talked her husband into allowing her to run for the position. In her words:
“Asiwaju likes his wife to be at home and what is more confusing to me is that most Muslim men do not want their wives to work, but I am a hard worker.”
Senator Tinubu stressed that what is not clear to people is that during the past election, her husband, Tinubu instructed her not to contest for a second term but they used to have the belief that he’s able to attained the position because she’s Asiwaju’s wife. She added:
“It was the leaders in my district that got me the form and talked to him that they wanted me to go back. You can go to my district, the elites might not know me but the grassroots are the ones supporting and voting massively for me”.
- Buhari’s Aide Under Fire For Advising FCT Minister Wike To Do Something To Some Dark Areas In Abuja
- Do You Wanna Watch Hannah Spoilt Y@nsh Video? Click Here
- CBN Disburses $61.64m To Foreign Airlines Through Various DMBs
- Federal Government Bans 18 Foreign Universities Operating In Nigeria, See Why
- Ban Sport Betting, Other Gambling Platforms Now, It Is Destroying Our Economy – Reno Omokri Urges Tinubu