Anambra State Governor, Chukwuma Soludo, on Saturday, praised President Bola Tinubu for giving the South East “juicy portfolios” despite recording low votes in the region during the last presidential election.
Soludo showered the praise during the courtesy visit of the Minister of Works and Housing, David Umahi to his office on Saturday.
The governor reckoned that Tinubu giving the Ministry of Works to the South East was huge while saying “In politics, you don’t get what you deserve but what you bargain for with votes.”
He added, “Given the totality of votes we contributed from the southeast and looking at the ministerial portfolios, we may not have the basis to begin to demand for “juicy” portfolios but the president graciously gave us one of our finest and best, one of the few engineers who pioneered concrete pavement as current standard for road construction.
“What you said about the possibility of coming back again for us to move around in Anambra State will be fantastic because we have fundamental challenges on road infrastructure and especially how it’s delivered by the federal government.”
The governor reminded the minister that all federal roads in Anambra State had failed and begged the attention of the federal government.
Soludo said, “The federal government is staying in Abuja and trying to award road contracts in all nooks and crannies of the country.
“Sincerely speaking, the entire federal roads are all gone. We are currently spending up to N20 billion on federal roads.”
- JUST IN: TCN Shut Down National Grid Over NLC, TUC Strike
- INEC Declares Usman Ododo of the APC Winner of Kogi Governorship Election
- Controversy as Gov Adeleke Appointee Appoints 97 Persons as PA, Special Aides in Osun
- BREAKING: EFCC Secures Arrest Warrant for Alison-Madueke; Begins Extradition Proceedings
- Buhari Brought Nigeria’s Economy Out of Hardship Not Your Husband – Garba Shehu Counters Remi Tinubu